What’s Driving Christianity’s Global Growth?
Brian Stiller identifies five key factors, starting with the Holy Spirit
In this episode, Influence magazine executive editor George P. Wood talks to Brian Stiller about five drivers behind Christianity’s explosive growth worldwide.
Stiller is a global ambassador for the World Evangelical Alliance, an ordained minister in the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, and author of From Jerusalem to Timbuktu: A World Tour of the Spread of Christianity, recently published by IVP Books.
To learn more about Brian Stiller, visit BrianStiller.com.
- 00:00 Introduction of podcast
- 00:45 TruFire Sunday school curriculum sponsor ad
- 01:08 Introduction of Brian Stiller
- 01:18 What From Jerusalem to Timbuktu is about
- 03:30 Evangelicalism's explosive growth over the last century
- 05:46 An overview of the five drivers behind this growth
- 07:28 Driver #1: The Holy Spirit
- 11:57 Drivers #2 and 3: Bible translation and indigeneity
- 19:19 Drivers #4 and 5: Engaging the public square and holistic ministry
- 24:29 Hopeful or fearful about Christianity's future?
- 27:39 How to follow Brian Stiller or the World Evangelical Alliance online
- 28:20 Conclusion