How to Multiply Leaders in Your Church
Dave Ferguson discusses five essential practices for expanding your ministry by multiplying leaders
Everyone wants to be a hero. Yet only a few understand the power in being a hero maker. Those that do become leaders who multiply leaders.
In this episode of the Influence Podcast, Influence magazine executive editor George P. Wood talks to Dave Ferguson about how to multiply leaders in your church. Their conversation draws on insights from Dave’s new book, Hero Maker, coauthored with Warren Bird and published by Zondervan.
Dave is pastor of Community Christian Church, a multisite congregation with 11 locations in Chicago and its suburbs. He’s also the visionary for New Thing, an international church-planting movement, and president of the Exponential Conference. You can follow Dave on Twitter; his handle is @DaveFerguson. And check out his website, DaveFerguson.org.
Episode 130 Notes
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:54 Shattering the Stained Glass Ceiling sponsor ad
- 01:33 “Everyone wants to be a hero. Yet only a few understand the power in being a hero maker.”
- 04:02 Give essential practices of Hero Making
- 05:39 (1) Multiplication Thinking
- 09:24 (2) Permission Giving
- 11:40 (3) Disciple Multiplying
- 15:53 (4) Gift Activation
- 18:22 (5) Kingdom Building
- 20:54 Encouragement and challenge for church planters, especially at CMN Conference in Dallas, Texas
- 24:26 Conclusion