Healthy Church Culture
Greg Ford talks about the importance of church culture and how to make an unhealthy church healthy
Management consultant Peter Drucker famously said, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” That’s true in the business world, but it’s also true in the life of the local church.
In this episode of the Influence Podcast, Influence magazine senior editor John Davidson talks to Greg Ford about how to make your church’s culture healthy. Ford is lead pastor of One Church in Gahanna, Ohio, a church he and his wife Shailyn planted seven years ago. He is also a member of the Lead Team of the Church Multiplication Network, the church planting arm of the Assemblies of God.
Episode 127 Notes
- 00:00 Introduction of podcast topic
- 00:26 Trending Up sponsor ad
- 01:15 Welcome to Greg Ford
- 01:46 Defining culture
- 04:49 One Church’s cultural behaviors: (1) Selfless generosity
- 06:35 (2) Genuine affirmation
- 09:06 (3) Honest evaluation
- 10:40 (4) Missional commitment
- 11:55 Who’s ultimately responsible for church culture?
- 16:44 How to make an unhealthy church culture healthy
- 20:39 How to manage culture when change is constant
- 24:48 Why listeners should come to the CMN Conference
- 28:03 Conclusion